Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Blessed


I have had lots of ideas I've been wanting to write about, and planned to wait until the weekend, when I have more time. But, something happened last night that I wanted to share right away.

I realized (again), that I am truly blessed. I haven't written much about what is really important to me, but if you've read my profile, you have a pretty good idea. Family & home are the two most important things in my life. I'm really not much a career girl. If I didn't have to work, I'd be the first to tell you I'd be a stay-at-home mom/crafter in a New York minute! I would never be bored, really, I know I wouldn't.

Now, to get back to my story...last night I hosted our high school's PTSA board meeting at my house. Just a few of us got together to do some planning for the upcoming school year. I was pretty much regretting my decision to "host", it being my first week back to work, I've been pretty wiped out. I've been cleaning and making snacks the past few days getting ready. Probably due to the fact that I didn't get enough sleep, during the meeting I developed the worst headache EVER. I mean, this was the mother of all headaches, it might have even been a migraine. The meeting felt like it would never end, it was long! 3 hours long! By the time the last mom said goodbye, I literally could not stand anymore. I've never experienced anything like this, so it was kind fo weird for my kids who never really see anything take me down.

I'm the type of gal who likes her kitchen sink clean before she goes to bed, and I always make my lunch and set up my coffee maker for the next morning; but I knew I had to lay down in a dark room immediately, so I washed my face, got in my PJ's and crashed. I made the comment that if someone wanted to help put the food away, that would be great, but I'd get back up in a few minutes after I rested.

My oldest daughter got me a tall glass of ice water per my request, and my ever so sweet youngest came into my room with a warm washcloth for my head (awww!) Needless to say, I never got back up. This morning I woke up and went to the kitchen to find all the dishes had been washed, my lunch was made, and the coffee was set up and ready to go. All over the kitchen were little notes that read "CLEAN (didn't know where to put it)", this next to a big platter I don't use very often. There was the little note next to the coffee maker "coffee made". When I opened my lunch today (very well packed with even a treat for dessert!), there was the sweetest little note of all "Hope you're having a great day at work sweetie. I love you, Alyssa" Yep, my 13 year-old daughter called me sweetie, just like the notes I occasionally sneak into her lunches. Can you imagine a sweeter thing than this????

(the little angel in the photo above is my youngest, Alyssa)
I'm feeling pretty good today, I think I'm raising two amazing daughters. Life can't be much better than that, can it?

Wishing you sweet little notes and happy thoughts,

Lisa


5 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens, that is because they have an awesome mommy! Love, love, love this entry! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable and sweet of your girls! They definitely love and appreciate all that you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had happy tears reading this blog and felt like I felt the joy you have for your daughters. You are raising "dreamgirls".
    As for your headache, I can actually say I sympathize with you. I have had only one of those in my life and it was horrible. Glad it only was for a night. But, oh what a beautiful things you woke up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was that good of a daughter to my mom :)

    You are blessed to have such amazing girls!! I hope I can be as wonderful of a mom to my children as you are to yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I truly enjoyed this entry. The love your children displayed is the "love" that you give to them. They in turn displayed their "love" to you.

    Thank you for sharing Lisa's world. Looking forward to more entries.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, Happy Thoughts to you!