Monday, April 5, 2010

My little Loves

“There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human society, are created, strengthened and maintained” 
-Winston Churchill


I have been spending the past few days with all my favorite girls...my sister, Lori, my nieces, India & Sahara, and my own girls Kristil & Alyssa.  Being around little ones again is filling my heart with so much love and joy.  They are so precious, I wish I could take them home with me.
My sister and her husband are separated and she does not have family living close to her.  She doesn't get much of a break from full-time mommy duty, and all of you mommies of toddlers out there know how exhausing that can be.


I am thrilled to be able to help her a little, I only wish it could be more often.  Tonight they will be staying w/ their dad, and it was a difficult parting.  I have just one more day of fun with these two little munchkins, and it makes me sad.


Sunday night, my sister and her girls and I all slept together...she has a huge king size bed that easily fit us all.  My youngest daughter told me she was cold during the night and didn't have me to tuck her feet under...how cute is that?  What more could a girl want than her nieces and daughter fighting over who she will sleep with.  Last night I split the night with them...I guess I'm kind of playing musical beds :)


On Saturday I had the girls all to myself...I took my oldest niece with me shopping for groceries (Trader Joe's & Henry's) and to Target.  We were gone for hours and she was an angel the whole time...I spent a bit more than I intended and the girls had new Tinkerbell nighties when all was said and done.  We got home, unpacked our groceries,  made homemade cupcakes and frosting, then I fixed dinner, we ate, cleaned up and the little ones and I took a walk in their neighborhood.  We ended the day with coloring eggs and we were sure to remember to leave carrots out for the Easter bunny.  It was a wonderful and exhausting day!  Sunday morning was Easter and we got to watch them go on their Easter egg hunt.


I will be sad to leave my daughter who is back at school and my sister and her girls...my heart is so full of love for all these beautiful little and big ladies.  I am blessed to have them in my life.


Happy Thoughts,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog, Happy Thoughts to you!