Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A little bit of crazy

The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.

 -Mark Twain

I think I need to really take this quote to heart....it's time for some serious cheering up. I'm feeling a little "crazed" at the moment...

I'm working too hard, too long, and way too stressed.

I don't really like "me" that much right now.  I'm tired, grouchy, and overwhelmed.  Do you ever feel like this?  Dumb question, right?  Life can just be so heavy sometimes...work gets in the way of all the fun.  I'm looking for that balance in my life right now that is so important.

I haven't had any time to be creative, and it's wearing me out, physicallyl and emotionally.  My spirit is a little crushed at the moment and I've got to make a change...fast! 

One of my favorite things to do these days for fun and inspiration, is what I like to call "blog-browsing".  There are so many clever, talented, creative women out there with the most amazing blogs...I thought I'd share some of my favorites. 

This first one, I just found today, she is an amazing food photographer and baker, and only 19 years old!  (She was  even on Martha Stewart today, although I haven't seen the episode yet) The Whisk Kid

This next blog chronicles a mom of 5 kids, she writes funny, touching stories and also shares her photography, which is gorgeous:  Whatever

Here is another great, inspirational blog I frequent often: A Bushel & A Peck

This is a fun blog I found recently that is great for decorating ideas, she seems especially gifted at finding great deals:  A Place for Us

This last blog is from a "friend" of mine I met online.  She has shared countless ideas, recipes, etc. w/ me and her readers.  She is kind, generous and creative, I really appreciate how helpful she has always been: Glorious Treats

These are just a few of the many blogs I like to check out regularly, for ideas, inspiration and sometimes just a good read. 
Hope you have time to check them out and enjoy!

Mary always cheers me up

Well, I think It's time to put things in perspective and remember all the positive things in my life. I think cheering someone else up might be just what the Dr. ordered...now, just who and how?

to be continued...

Cheerful days and Happy Thoughts,
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I love blog-browsing too. In fact, right now I'm taking a little break from math (I'm a math tutor) and here I am at your blog.

    Thanks for sharing your favorite blogs. I especially liked The Whisk Kid. Her photography IS amazing.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote, and so true! I know exactly how you feel, and I hope you're able to find a way out of it soon! I hate being in that mindset so much.

    Thanks for linking me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that visiting my blog is something you love. We all feel like you do right now...make more time for yourself. It is amazing how much better I feel when I create for ME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, Happy Thoughts to you!