Thursday, July 9, 2015

Hey there, I'm still here...

“Never explain – your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.” – Elbert Hubbard

I love this quote, I found it today in an article a friend posted on FB.  It came at the perfect time for what I was already contemplating this morning when I decided to write a blog post, something I haven't done in almost 2 years.

Where have I been??  Right here, living life, experiencing both struggles and accomplishments, just like everyone else.


I had been struggling with sharing myself through my blog after a rather difficult court battle with me ex-husband a few years back.  In a nutshell, posts from my blog had been printed and used as examples as to why my life was so great, I didn't need his money. They were used as documentation for lack of a better explanation.  I wasn't sure I liked this kind of exposure, even though I put myself out there by posting details of my personal life, purposefully in a positive manner.  That is just who I am, some might say "TMI", but I am a pretty open person.  I try not to pretend to be what I'm not and I'm comfortable with (most of) the decisions I make for myself.  Yet, I often still feel the need to explain myself.  I'm really not sure why...maybe it's my detail-oriented mind, or my borderline type A personality.  


Regardless, I think I am pretty much an "open book", while I use discretion and opt for little white lies as opposed to hurting someone's feelings, I will give you an honest answer if you ask me something.


This sentence "We should be confident enough in our decisions that someone else’s opinion doesn’t matter",  from the article mentioned above (which I have provided a link to, click on the quote) speaks volumes to me, it's something I've said before myself.  As most of us know, this is not always so easy to do.  I think it's human nature to doubt ourselves and look for affirmation and acceptance, especially in this world of constant self-comparison from a barrage of social media.

So what am I getting at here?  Well, just speaking my truth, in an attempt to be a better person and give me the strength and confidence for another obstacle I will face tomorrow when I  once again appear in court with the ex.

He's taking me back yet again, always over money, and I'm fighting it because...well, I guess I don't need to explain, but rest assured with or without a detailed explanation, I am confident in my decision and know that I am doing what I need to do for ME.

Please send your good thoughts, positive chakra and prayers my way....

Happy Thoughts,
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Lisa!! Good luck. I know it's been a long crazy struggle. Your determination to make life (even more) beautiful for yourself and others is something I love so much about you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I was a single mom also and I know firsthand how much hard work it takes to go it alone! Your blog has always shown how hard you work for everything you have and to be such a good mom to your girls. Sending you positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lisa--

    I was sure I'd commented on this just a few minutes after you posted it, but I must have forgotten to hit the actual button. I hope everything went well. You've been on my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, Happy Thoughts to you!